Fort Wayne personal injury attorney: Keep an eye on red flags
You probably suffered injuries in a car crash in Fort Wayne or have suffered the result of medical malpractice. At this point, you know that someone breached their duty of care and acted in a reckless manner, which means you deserve compensation for your losses. Your settlement should cover the cost of your medical care, lost income, and pain & suffering. To win the claim, you need the right approach, and hiring a Fort Wayne personal injury attorney is a great way to focus on your goals. If you are hiring an injury lawyer for the first time, we recommend you keep an eye on the red flags.
- You didn’t receive a response from the lawyer’s office. While injury lawyers often have busy schedules, they should be available for potential clients. If you called or emailed the attorney but didn’t receive a response to schedule a meeting, they are certainly not serious about your claim.
- The injury lawyer promises an exact settlement. Yes, seasoned lawyers can undoubtedly turn things in your favor with their excellent work, but they cannot guarantee an outcome. You know an attorney is lying when they try to oversell their work.
- The injury lawyer wants you to lie. Your compensation is based on the damages and injuries you have suffered, and you shouldn’t lie about facts or evidence. If a lawyer wants you to lie to inflate the claim, they are certainly not an option.
- The injury lawyer wants a fee to assess your case. Lawyers don’t charge a fee to review injury claims, no matter whether it is a case of medical malpractice or slip & fall injury. If you got a call from the lawyer’s office demanding a consultation fee, look for other options.
- The injury lawyer doesn’t give clear answers. At the least, you would need to know whether you have a valid claim and what to expect in compensation. If you met an attorney who doesn’t want to give clear answers or doesn’t want to talk about their strategy, they are certainly not hiring.
Finally, do not hire someone who doesn’t specialize in personal injury law. You need a local injury lawyer who is well-versed in similar cases and has a few landmark wins to their credit. Ask as many questions as required to know a lawyer better, and don’t forget to check online reviews. You can find reviews on Google and social media sites.